Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Modeling at it's Best

Thankfully, after all the practice in Maya from class and on my own, I have made my own model from scratch...of a real object!
All that hard work alone in the lab payed off!
I decided to do something small and simple, so I took by USB drive for a model. It was cylindrical with  kinda a squished look to it, and was easy to make with the Revolve function and a width edit. I even made it so the port could open out of it when part is slide down.

Unfortunately, I can't find the button to make more square areas for me to edit on each object...so I can't make an even opening for the object's port.
YEARS OF ACADEMY TRAINING WASTED!
It's not that I don't know what it does...just can't find the thing is all. Other then that, it's almost spot on. I plan to screen shot and catalog all of the models I have onto the blog very soon, since it's been a while since my last post~

No comments:

Post a Comment